Thursday, 17 December 2009

Alligator paintings

These two paintings were inspired by wild alligators which i saw in Texas...
...I was right on the waterfront, scanning across. Was that two little twigs floating? What was it? i picked my way through the reeds on the bank and got closer. Now i was directly above the thing in the water below. Alligator! yes! only a small one, three or four feet maybe, just floating, just submerged with its eyes and snout above the water. Another one the same size was just farther down the creek.
Port Aransas Gator August 2009
Acrylic on Canvas
I was dangerously close, leaning out over the water, great shots! Then i heard some splashing, and i looked on further down the creek, the biggest fuckin' alligator! Heading my way! Must have been twice as long as me! Mean looking thing, and it was pissed off! It was heading my way and when i turned the small ones had turned round and were heading towards the bank too. it was time for me to leave. I crawled through the reeds and ran off down the trail through the trees. Close one.
Port Aransas Gators May 2009
Oil on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment